Sunday, July 20, 2014

Glass, Interrupted

I'm back in the blogging saddle again, having survived the run-up to retirement. 


The Butterfly Pavilion

With more time to devout to personal concerns, I took Mom to the Butterfly Pavilion at the Rio Grande Botanic Garden on Friday. 


 I must say that the close-up capabilities seem much better with the latest software upgrade.  I didn't expect software to make such a difference, thinking that close-up focus limitations were hardware based.

The Visit

Yesterday we visited my brother Lou.  His PSP continues to cause a slow decline and he's pretty much in a wheelchair all the time.



While we were there, we went down to the wildlife enclosures at the southwest side of the property.  There my sister-in-law rehabilitates injured animals.  We got up close and personal with elk, deer, bear, and others.  She has a number of raptors in flight cages awaiting release.  My favorite was Buckwheat, a 3-week old orphan fawn.  


Der Bunker


In putting a bow on one of my last projects, we got it through formal review and approval.  Now at last I can post some of my most unusual photographs #throughglass.  Here's a set of mock nuclear weapons used as trainers. 

As you can see, even with a Bluetooth link, the cellphone's lack of a signal from deep within the storage bunker prevented an external  data connection.  Still, it was fascinating to be able to take Glass into such an area.  Here's the view of the exterior of the bunker.


And here's a more general interior view.  

All in all, it's been a busy time for Glass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment