Saturday, May 24, 2014

3D Glass

Project Tango

It appears that Google is working on a small-format tablet that will do real-time 3D scanning.  That's huge.  I can't even image what this kind of technology can do to enable the visually impaired.

Now jump ahead a few years and bundle this kind of tech with Glass.  You now have a web cam/browser over your right ear and the 3D scanner/processor over your left ear.  Talk about situational awareness.

Feast

Looks like Glass and privacy is in the news.  I find that interesting because here in ABQ, I've not had any negative public experiences, even if my manager is uncomfortable when I use them for work-related tasks.  In bars, I ask the bouncer on entry if Glass is OK, for example, at Two Fools' Tavern


At Annie's Soup Kitchen, they ask, "Where's your Glass?" when I don't wear them. 

Aztec Animal Clinic are using my #throughglass pieces in their social media and want more.  Here's Dr. Barb, the best vet in the entire world. 

Even the local food trucks are happy with my Glasswork. 

The issue will continue to work its way out as society comes to grips with the implications of pervasive, ubiquitous cameras.  As it is, security cameras, traffic cameras, and just plain smartphone cameras make the case against Glass pretty weak. 


No comments:

Post a Comment