Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Day 86

Cinco de Mayo
A travel day, but first office e-mail to deal with in the morning before an easy flight ABQ-OAK.  Once here, I donned Glass for the cab ride and a quick walk around the UC Berkeley campus with Schlepp.  I found the conference venue--it looks very nice.

I particularly liked the way Glass suggested two different navigation options without my having to ask.  The number of suggested places of interest and photographic sites was quite remarkable.  Researching restaurants near the hotel was a breeze.  Good use case, Glass for travellers.

Still haven't found a way to link to my Glass photos from the Blogspot mobile app, so there may be some really poorly illustrated posts until I get home.  For now, all I can see is a Bold, Italic, and hyperlink control.

I did get a couple nice vignettes, which allow the traveller to tell their story in a very interesting way.  Expect updates when I figure this out.  It does look like there are add photo controls from the top-level post page.  Still no way to embed them in the correct location in the text.  Update:  Had numerous failures all evening trying to use the Add picture function.  In the end it may be a problem with the Add location feature.  Removing my location allowed me to publish this post.

Tomorrow I'll be wrapped up with the societal verification/crowdsourcing treaty compliance conference.  I look forward to sharing my thoughts and experiences with Glass as they apply to this domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment