Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day 99

100 Days of Glass

Officially, it's over.  This is my hundredth day of blogging about my experiences with Glass.  Instead of spending it with Glass on my head all day, it ended up an almost Glass-less day:  a few mundane household chores this morning, lunch with Mom at Annie's Soup Kitchen (where they often ask about Glass), cooking up Chicken Dijonne in the crock pot, prepping for Thursday's mock arms control inspection, and finishing the day with Game of Thrones. 

I did take a moment to make a vignette in the greenhouse...

... and then I used Glass to record Bella's bi-weekly Adequan injection.  She doesn't like this activity one bit, but the drug dramatically helps reduce her problems with arthritis. 

Once again, the problem with bifocals and Glass has come up -- even though Bella and the syringe are clearly in the near-vision area of my bifocals, Glass is aiming straight forward, aligned with the distance-vision section of my prescription lenses.  The result is that the critical details of the procedure are not recorded.  Must practice close-up, hands-on Glass recording more (without injecting Bella any more). 

I'm fairly certain I won't be concluding this blog just because I hit my first milestone.  At the very least, I'll want to see the odometer roll over tomorrow.  And I want to pull together what I've learned in the past 100 days and in the months since I first got Glass back in November.  Yes, it's time for deep thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment