Thursday, May 8, 2014

Day 89

Blogging from the Desktop

Time to get caught up on embedded photographs now that I'm back at my desktop.  Funny how the Blogger app for mobile fails with my Droid whenever I specify a location or attempt to add a photograph.  It's not Glass's fault, but you'd think there'd be some level of compatibility between the desktop editor and the mobile editor.


Moving along, here are the photos from the first evening in Berkeley.  Glass is perfectly positioned to be a tourist's tool -- still camera, video, vignettes for storytelling, navigation, Internet search, note taking.  All great stuff for the out-of-town visitor.

Here's my room at the Shattuck.  Very nice.  The shower was a bit small but adequate; the corner location had great views and lots of light. 

It was easy to take Google's suggested photo sites and places of interest and turn them into vignettes.  

Keeping a solid if dark area of color in the upper right corner of a photo helps the inset image stand out.  

While all around me I saw people taking cellphone photos, I just need to touch my temple, speak a command, or wink to discretely take pictures.  

Here's a night shot out my hotel window of the Berkeley Public Library.   No wonder my room was quiet. 

The conference venue was in the penthouse of the Chase Building and it was very nice. 

This is a Droid panorama of the view out the penthouse window to the east.

At the workshop banquet, I wore Glass, which drew a lot of interest.  Corey Hinderstein took this photo with Glass of me discussing Glass with others. 

The view from the Lawrence Berkeley Lab Cafe was great.  Again, the Droid did a nicer job of capturing a panorama.

The next evening, I had dinner at a downtown Berkeley eatery.  The food and service were great.  Here's the owner who was very excited about my Glasswork in his establishent.

I got a moment to do some quick touristy shopping this morning before my flight left.  Here's a video of Viv & Ingrid's shop at Oxford Hall.  Lovely store. 

Finally, to conclude my travel story, here's the departure vignette from OAK.

No comments:

Post a Comment