Thursday, April 3, 2014

Day 54

Back at the Vet's 

Both Paddy and Bella needed to have a check-up now that they are on new medications.  Bella's blood pressure is still a little bit high, so we upped her Amlodapine.  Here's the video of the procedure, which uses a mini-cuff and ultrasound for detecting the pulse.

A Plone Lunch

I caught up with Alex, my neighborhood Python-Plone guru, for lunch and got to introduce him to Glass.  He was thrilled and a very quick study.  I'm always surprised (though I shouldn't be) when I show Glass to people how many features it has.  We went through all the external features, then dove into functionality.  At one point Alex asked me what the screen resolution was.  I suggested he ask Glass.  "OK, Glass... Google... What is the screen resolution of Glass?"  Very quickly he had the answer, 640×360. 

Probably the two trickiest things are using voice commands in a crowded restaurant and web browsing with its one and two-fingered touches, zooming, scrolling, and selecting links by head movement. Conveniently, he was able to easily pull up the Albuquerque Public Schools website (powered by Plone) and use that as a navigation sample.

Here's his happy snap of me at the Owl Cafe, a New Mexico culinary icon. 

We thrashed a bit getting our circles straightened out for a mini-hangout.  In the end it worked fine and we really had a great time enjoying the device.  Even our waitress was excited and amazed by Glass.


No comments:

Post a Comment