Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Day 65

The Eclipse

I've delayed today's posting until I got some material under my belt for tonight's main event, a total lunar eclipse. 
Here's Schlepp enjoying the video feed from the Griffith Observatory on the NASA MSFC channel

I've just asked Glass to Google for "NASA MSFC" and about 6 options to the right was the Ustream link.  It's slowly loading... wait for it... wait for it.  Nope, Ustream uses Flash and Glass can't display the video.  Bummer.


Interestingly, while loading various NASA pages and looking for a viewable video feed, I got the dreaded "Glass must cool down..." message.  I was probably only using it continuously for about 10 minutes.  Hmm?

Back outside now to cool things off quickly (37° out here).  It's definitely dark now.  Amazing how knocking back 30% of a full moon turns things sooo dark. 


It's now totally total and very, very dark.  Darker and redder than a "blood red" moon.  Too dark for even lycanthropes.  I did manage to eke out a time-lapse with my Asus. 





No comments:

Post a Comment