Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Day 81

Dust, Haze, Cinders

A cold front from eastern NM pushed an enormous air mass full of dust raised by the weekend winds into the ABQ area overnight.  The Sandia Mountains were barely visible and air quality alerts were issued. 

After lunch with my old college buddy McGoey, I paused for a couple photos on the way back to the office.  I took several and deleted all but one.  Now, while looking for the image to include it in this post, the pic appears to be gone.  Curious. 

By way of a consolation prize, here are a couple photos of the tulips on the dining room table taken with my Droid.  Glass never could get an up-close, in focus image. 



Not only was it dusty and hazy outside today, but the inside was full of cinders.  The swamp cooler was set up for the season and when the fan is first turned on, cinders and grit from the duct work get blown into the house.  In an effort to ameliorate that mess, we covered the furniture with sheets. 





Tomorrow I get my portrait taken for my 15-year service anniversary.  I'm thinking about taking Glass with me.  Hmm?

Meanwhile, I continue working on mobile technologies for on-site arms control inspections.  It's proposal time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment