Monday, March 3, 2014

Day 23

A Day without Photos

Not a single #throughglass today.  There was a busy morning getting out the door for a telecon with The Hague.  Then I tucked in to writing more of the report on "The Feasibility of Mobile Computing for On-site Inspection."  Though I took the Glass out for lunch at Twisters, nothing struck my eye.

There was a flurry of e-mails about getting an official property sticker on the device.  The S-number and barcode may just barely fit on the outside of the battery compartment.  That should greatly enhance the geekiness of it all, not that you can see it unless you are behind me to the right. 

Somewhere in it all, I went back to my invite to purchase a personal set of Glass.  Thank goodness Google Wallet takes American Express.  Soon I'll have a private set with Rx lenses and be able to use the government-owned set at work.  Perfect!

After lunch, I met with the team lead for our Second Line of Defence Program.  She's intrigued and eager to consider everything from the low-tech Skype-Facetime-Hangouts with tablets up through Glass-mediated interaction.  The idea is to be able to field site visits without necessarily sending someone halfway around the world just to walk around and have a friendly chat with our SLD partners. 

The ability to use Glass for telepresence instruction, training, coaching, site assessments, and audits makes it very attractive.  There are only a few SLD sites that are outside of cellphone service, so Glass or other wearable tech makes good sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment