Saturday, March 1, 2014

Day 21

Took my first out-of-town road trip with Glass today.  Visited my older brother, who has PSP (a rare type of Parkinson's disease) up in Chamita.  Once again, the ease of taking discreet photographs without interrupting the moment was a key benefit.

It was great just to hold his hand and spend time with him.  Sunshine, his 22-year old cat loves to spend time in his lap. 

But before and after the visit with Lou, I had opportunities to make good use of the voice activated photo and video capabilities as I drove north in the first real storm of the year.  We've had something like 0.02" of rain since Dec. 21st.  Here's a vignette as I head into Santa Fe.  Normally there are 12,500' mountains straight ahead. 

Arriving at Lou's house, it was briefly in the sun before the gentle and much needed rains resumed. 

On the way back home, I used the navigation feature, not because I needed directions, but to keep tabs on the distance and possible traffic delays ahead.  The vignette below doesn't really capture how out-of-the-way the display is while driving.  In actual use, the image is completely above my line-of-sight, pretty much up by the sun visor.  

All in all, a fine day with Glass and my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment