Sunday, March 9, 2014

Day 29

Sunday Synopsis

With cooperative weather, it was a fine morning to transition to daylight saving time.  That "spring ahead" thing always messes me up.  We took Mom to the Olive Garden for lunch and then set her up with her new mini-exercise bicycle.  Below is a quick snap of the bouquet from Trader Joe's on her dining table.  After a quick trip to the grocers, it was time for an afternoon of relaxation.

First on the agenda, a bike ride along the North Valley acequias.  Although my helmet and Glass don't exactly mesh, with a little tweaking of the helmet straps, I could get things to co-exist.  After that, I was good to go and I was able to extensively document my 5 mile trek down to the Rio Grande Nature Center, a favorite destination.  Not only was the weather very clement, the water had just begun flowing in the ditches.

I was able to take almost 200 MB of still and video images this afternoon, most of which will go into my "Goathead Report" cycling blog and off-road bicycle guide to Albuquerque.   It was amazingly safe and easy to take shots "on the go"...  

or stop to grab a quick video panorama at a key intersection.

The result was a very detailed diary of the outting.  Even though it only lasted 55 minutes, it was fun to see how thoroughly I could document it.  There were video snippets of how to get across the lateral ditch via the catwalk over one of the irrigation gates...

I caught photos of cranes and geese off of Veranda...


ducks, geese, and turtles at the Nature Center (as a vignette)...


and details of the trail conditions (no goatheads)...



On top of it all, the evening was dead calm, so out came the Wi-Fi helicopter...

All in all, a fine afternoon with Glass.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment