Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Day 46

Glass for On-site Inspection

My day job includes a project dealing with how mobile technology can assist arms control and nuclear safeguards inspectors.  Frankly, it's not that easy to get a high-tech device into what often are sensitive industrial or military facilities.

That said, we've gotten authorization to use Glass with Bluetooth in a so-called limited area.  Tomorrow I meet with the folks that control the area and we can discuss the details of a field trial.  Things are getting real.  :-)

Meanwhile, spring has sprung and soon the plants in the greenhouse will start to move back outdoors.  I'll be posting some bonsai how-to videos with Glass in the month ahead as I get my collection back in order for the season. 

This weekend I'll be revisiting the Jemez Mtns and the head of Capulin Canyon to help my nephew collect data for his senior project at ENMU.  He's taking a Plant Structure and Function class, which is right up my alley.  Little known fact:  I'm an escapee from a botany PhD and a post-doc in horticulture. 


No comments:

Post a Comment