Friday, March 14, 2014

Day 34

Packing

Not much time for a blog post tonight as I prep for the weekend outing--collecting botanical field data at 8500' in the remote Jemez Mtns with my nephew for his senior biology project.  Despite the remoteness, we'll be able to car camp, which let's me get very sloppy.


Rain

Meanwhile, just outside the garage, a decent spring rain has been falling.  We desperately need the moisture, but the down side is that the precipitation may be in the form of snow up in the area of our data transect.

Tomorrow I'll be using Glass to document the field work and that should give me some real world experience into how valuable the device is for this type of activity.  If I have a cell signal, I'll be able to post Day 35 from our camp.  Otherwise, it will have to wait until I get home on Sunday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment