Sunday, March 16, 2014

Day 36

The Ill-fated Jemez Botanical Expedition of 2014

Yesterday's attempt to harvest grasses and forbs at the top of Capulin Canyon in the Jemez Mountains was met with abject failure.  Mom Nature thumped us and set us packing.

Today in Albuquerque was sunny, a bit breezy, and cool.  After dealing with Mom care, groceries, house plants, laundry, and all that, I did take time to let the cats out.  Henry immediately found Trudy Turtle up and about in the warm sun against the house.

I fed her some apple slices and a couple earthworms scooped out of the water on the pool cover.  She was over by the fountain under my office window.  It's dry for the season to protect the pump from freezing.  Thinking that she was looking for water, I put out a tray and she immediately dove in, drinking deeply for several minutes.
Afterwards, she mosied  back to her burrow and soon was back underground.


I did manage to find time for a late afternoon bike ride along the acequias.  More #throughglass material for my Goathead Report.



No comments:

Post a Comment