Saturday, February 8, 2014

Day 0

"I am Locutus"

Here goes my attempt to document my daily experiences with Glass for the next 100 consecutive days.  



After wearing Google Glass since Nov. 14, I'm delighted to have frames with Rx lenses.  The previous technology stack (hearing aids, prescription glasses, Glass frame) was awkward enough that I rarely wore the device for more than a few minutes at a time.  The longest experience was about 3 hours at the zoo.  Interestingly, only one person commented on my Glass. 
If I stacked the Glass frame on top of my regular glasses, things didn't look too terrible and weren't particularly uncomfortable.  However, they did feel like they'd fall off if I wasn't careful. 
 But yesterday (Feb. 8) the optometrist delivered my Glass frames fitted with my prescription for progressive bifocals.  This immediately opens the door for extended wear without feeling as self-conscious as before.
The folks at VisionWorks were very excited about Glass.  So far the only comments I've received yesterday in public were from the lady sacking my groceries last night.  

Of course, living in NM (now that our week of winter weather is past) means that there is unbridled sunshine.  I'll need to find a clip-on pair of sunglasses, probably at Walmart, if I don't want to fry my wimpy blue eyes. 

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment