Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Day 17

Banging my Head against the Keyboard

Today was a day entirely at the computer and so, hardly any opportunities for Glass.  However, it was a day of diving into the Glass developer documentation and trying my hand at a first app.

My first attempt was to use the GDK Sneak Peak and Eclipse.  After a couple hours of reading and installing software, no joy.  The December documentation for 4.0.3 appears to be obsolete already (Feb. 25).  I was unable to find any way from the current Android API of 19 to target the GDK with the API 15.

For the afternoon, I retreated to the Mirror API.  Again, available documentation did not match the current environment.  When I finally wound my way through the Python Quick Start and was able to attempt to deploy the sample app, all I got was a "NameError: global name 'execfile' is not defined."  It appears that the Python 3.3 I normally use is too advanced for Google and I'll have to downgrade to 2.7. 

With that, I'm going to call it a night. [sigh]

No comments:

Post a Comment