Thursday, February 13, 2014

Day 5

It's been an average Thor's Day at my day-job, but ridiculously warm in NM by February standards.  This day of Glass has been noteworthy mainly because I found a pair of polarizing sunglasses that fit my Rx frames.  This gives me the freedom to face the NM sun without frying my eyes (I'm half Swedish, what can I say?).



They are 54 F style sunglasses from Walmart (there was only a single pair on the rack) for $13.  The trick to clipping them on is to swing the beam splitter forward and hook the bottom right clip (below the beam splitter) on first.  Then rotate the sunglasses up so that the upper right clip can engage right behind the prism.  Finally, extend the sunglass frame via the center spring and clip the left side opposite the prism.  Reposition the beam splitter and your all set.

The lesson today is what to make of full-time Glass wearing?  I realize I was in some places where one never, ever breaks out a DSLR, point-and-shoot, or even a GoPro.  The results may help some Masters student 60 years hence, but photos of such ordinary views probably won't be mistaken for art.


After work, I stopped in at Rudy's BBQ for grub.  Picked up brisket, chicken, Polish sausage, baked potatoes, cole slaw, and potato salad to feed the boys on game night.  In line waiting to place my order, no one seemed to notice Glass, but the guy at the counter was intrigued and we had a pleasant chat.

Game night was the usual bout of Star Wars Risk.  Kent (shown below) came within a whisker of winning but was held at bay by a remarkable run of good luck on my part.  Ric eventually won as the E-vile Emperor.  Over all, I'd say Glass needs some exposure controls for its camera or a better set of filters for "Enhancing" these backlit shots.  Same goes for sunsets.   

Complaint du jour:  A lifetime of wearing prescription glasses has given me the habit of lying my glasses down upside-down on my desk or nightstand.  Doing that with Glass usually triggers the photo button and you end up having to delete a worthless image.  Even in the case, a wrong move and the camera takes an all black 10 second video.

I suppose I'll have to put a small bead of epoxy on either side of the button.  That will prevent inadvertent picture taking and, quite frankly, it'll make it easier to find the button when you want to use it.  It can be surprisingly tricky to find in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment