Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Day 3

Tai Chi Toozday

 Today I had scheduled a 30 minute meeting to discuss R&D proposal ideas with my manager.  Instead it turned into a wide-ranging 90 minute session with two others from the department as well.  In the end we didn't have any breakthroughs and, in fact, the project is now heading towards big data visualization.  The trick here is to find the scientific and engineering research that needs to be done to make Glass the center of R&D effort and not just a specialized output device.



No, I didn't wear Glass to the brainstorming session; it gives my manager the willies. 

Afterwards I had a Le Brassierie Hot Dog and a Leige Waffle from the Europa food truck for lunch, cranked out a quick Search & Secure website with Plone for an Iraq workshop coming up later this spring, and then settled in for the NSSC video-conference from Berkeley.

At the end of the day, I received an e-mail from a colleague who noted that there was a cyclist-specific third party knock off of Glass.  I replied with a note about the Strava app for glass and a happy-snap vignette of our building's bike rack.


After work, I headed to my Tai Chi class.  Again, I didn't wear Glass because some students might be put off by a camera in class, but I did catch Phil afterwards. 

And then, as my Prius came home to dock in the landing bay, I took a short video.  Must get an official opinion about driving with Glass in NM soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment