Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Day 10

Toozday

'Twas another quiet day.  Glass-wise, I took a quick vid of my soil moisture meter as I watered the plants in the greenhouse.  Trying to get a feeling for how analog meters will appear when recorded with Glass.  With audio, it's always an option to speak the meter reading and it will be captured in the recording.  EverNote is another option, of course. 



The drive in was uneventful, but at the Eubank off-ramp, things were unusually clogged up.  Curious, especially for 9:15 a.m.

Risa spotted my Glass as we walked into the building and we had a nice chat about the technology.  She's off to Uganda tomorrow.  

Lunch was at the Scottish Pie Truck outside our building on Tuesdays.  The steak pies were still cooking, so I had a birdie.  Very tasty, although I'll stack my Cornish pasties up against them any day.

A few minutes later, I ran into Justin from the 3rd floor and he spotted my Glass.  We had an animated discussion about possible uses.  I'm thinking we should port Alan's Wi-Fi survey app for iPad over to Android so we can use it with Glass.  Just walk around and see the Wi-Fi signals and their strengths.

Tai Chi after work included a discussion of how to use web-based training to reach a larger group of interested students.  Our Tibetan style is very different from more traditional styles and has a very small following.  It could well become an extinct art if we don't do something to capture the method digitally and develop more interest. 

Tomorrow (Wednesday) I have two meetings re:  distance learning.  Google Hangouts will figure prominently.  Stay tuna'ed.


No comments:

Post a Comment