Monday, February 10, 2014

Day 2

Monday, Monday

(to the tune of the Mamas and the Papas)

First day at work with Rx lenses/frames in my Glass... lost courage and didn't wear the set to the All Hands Meeting.  Frankly, I didn't wear them much at all because my latest check-up with the optometrist showed that for computer work, I shouldn't wear any glasses at all.  Since 80% of the day was in front of the computer, that was 80% of the day without Glass. 



That said, I took them out to lunch at the Maine Lobster Truck and had a nice chat about the technology with the cook. Must upload these to their Facebook page tonight. 


Back at work, I spun up some research ideas involving Glass as a hands-free display device for radiation detection equipment.  Here's a photo of a years old wearable rad detection system on display in our Technology Training and Display Area.  We can do better now. 

Some at work were fascinated; others made the sign of the cross, fearing that I'd be photographing them as we passed in the hall. I did take a few minutes to record a video of our mock transportainer to get a feel of the level of detail that Glass can record with video.  Tom thinks Glass might be useful to customs inspectors and border patrol agents who have to deal with contraband shipments.  I think he's on to something. 

On the way home I tried some photos of the mountains at sunset and the sunset itself.  Not really very satisfactory, but here we go.


Makes me think that a clip-on telephoto converter would be nice.  Might be tricky to work out aiming and framing.  

Later, I did stop to refill the ol' Prius and realized that with Glass, you can document everything.  Historians of the future will know every little detail right down to how we gassed up these incredibly primitive hybrids.

To be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment