Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Day 11

Distance

Today's theme was "distance," as in distance learning.  Had a meeting with chem and bio folks to discuss their distance learning needs.  Demoed Hangouts and Glass as a means of delivering realtime educational content to our international partners. 



After lunch, I met with my manager and my level 2 to discuss the same.  Topics like Plone for education and the Khan Academy came up.  It was a good dialog.

Late in the day a group of Laboratory Fellows, the highest technical level in the company, had a get-together in our building as part of Engineers Week.  Two others and I were docents in our tech display area.  Only a few took advantage of the opportunity.

I had my Glass on and those who talked to me about it were very interested.  All in all, a simple but effective day of Glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment