Saturday, February 15, 2014

Day 7

A lazy Saturday morning led to lunch at the Flying Star (6 points on 4sq, "the major is in the house, that's you")...
and then to Duran's Central Pharmacy.  There the pharmacy tech immediately noticed my Glass and an animated discussion followed.  I got to meet their Very Expensive optical pill counting camera and immediately it occurs to us that a Glass app could put that bad boy right out of business. It's amazing how much enthusiasm Glass generates with the right audience.  It also looks like Glass has the potential to be an excellent life-logger.


Then it was time to settle down to a relaxing afternoon of cat herding and drone flying. Yes, I got a WiSpi last month for my birthday (thanks, Deb and Scott!). The temperature was 72° and the air dead calm. The result was increasingly bold flights under better and better control. The WiSpi has its own on-board camera... 
 

...and, of course, I was filming with Glass when I could manage to control both the heli-mathumper and Glass. Since you are looking up at a steep angle, the 30° wake-up angle wasn't very helpful--it had already activated and then gone back to sleep. Even so, I got one good video.
 

It's been another good day with Glass on for most of it.  

Tomorrow (Sunday) my brother is coming down with his family to visit Mom.  He's suffering with late stage Progressive Supranuclear Palsy, a Parkinsonian-like neurological disorder.  It'll be a delicate matter to use Glass to capture this visit and still be sensitive to his condition. 


No comments:

Post a Comment