Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Day 4

Twas a pretty ordinary day of Glass.  Blue New Mexican skies and a view of IPOC on my way in to the office.



Then it was Glass off and pound on the keyboard--one of our servers was misbehaving and it took awhile to straighten that out.  There was a bit of Plone work for the Search and Secure website.  Then on to proposal writing until 11:15 and the monthly Wheezers and Geezers lunch.  Mikey, Jack and Keith represented the retired contingent, while George and I held up the "still employed" side of things.  Here George tucks into his salad. 

I lost nerve and didn't photograph the group of ABQ police at the next table.  I should have asked them about NM traffic laws as they pertain to Glass.  Opportunity missed.  I'm surprised how self-conscious I am with Glass on, even though few people make eye contact or even notice the device.  Towards the end of lunch Mikey had this badly backlit goodbye sentiment to share. 

And here's Jack riding off, not into the sunset, but into the noon-day sun. 

The afternoon went quickly since I had a 3:00 meeting with my CPA.  Here's a parting shot of my computer screens.  Interestingly, the monitors show excellent color balance while the white walls look like they are lit by fluorescent lights.  In fact, I use only south-facing window light, so I'm not sure where the color cast comes from. 

I was fairly discreet at the CPA's office since there was a ton of personal information (all mine) that could be compromised by Glass.  Here's one shot I took that reveals nothing.


Then it was time for dinner with friends and I elected to go Glass-free.  Just a relaxing, low tech evening with an old college roommate and his wife.

I found a sample Python script that I plan to hack that into something to grab the ABQ pollen count and display it every morning on Glass.  So I'll finish up this post with a shot from last night of my empty Cragganmore bottle.  Nothing to do but soldier on with a wee dram of Edradour.



No comments:

Post a Comment